Saturday, January 28, 2012

PARAGLIDING IN LIMA


A few weeks ago I received a Christmas present in mid January, and it was one of the most originals I've ever had. "I need you stay in city at least for couple of hours" I was told and that intrigued me a lot so after fixing my schedule I finally was in city a whole day for this present.
Driving to pick up my present I started guessing what actually could this be? What possibly needs at least 02 hours to be delivered?  Tickets for a play (one of my favorite musical was running at the moment), but it was early afternoon? No it isn't that. Maybe a gift present card for a thousand dollars in my favorite clothes shop...well, I don't need two hours to spend all that money. After a few more guessing I gave up.

My present ended up being a very nice paragliding trip over the coast of Miraflores. This was much unexpected but extremely exciting. After setting my harness Lalo, my pilot, told me to relax and enjoy it. Of course taking off wasn't that easy, the wind can change any time and blow you in any direction but no worries even the sensation of being a feather is cool.
After a few minutes levitating we finally turned around and flew over the area, I went from Parque del Amor (Park of Love) to the Light House and from there to Larcomar Shopping Center, to be honest is kind of cool looking at the city, as messy and loud as I know it is, and not hearing anything else besides the sound of the wind, it was like seating on a cloud! Miraflores suddenly changed its normal aspect and looked quite and enjoyable.
I did in the afternoon so I had the chance to look at the horizon and see part of the sunset, but you never know when you are going to be able to do it since all flights are based on wind blowing. I was lucky I have to say.
If you are looking for an adrenaline adventure this isn't your option however you could be missing a beautiful and peaceful experience. I would do it again if I could, this was a priceless present and a strongly recommended activity if you live in Lima or just passing by.
I RECOMMEND:
Contact them in advance, you can have a better price and with a reservation you fly as soon as you arrive and the wind allows it!
Here you have the web link:
FLY ADVENTURE
  

No comments:

Post a Comment