Looking for an exciting adventure, my friend Ronald and I booked a 3000 mts downhill mountain biking tour from the Volcano Chachani the highest one in Arequipa city. There is only a few things that I want to mention about that day;
1. It is by far, one of the most exciting things I've ever done in my life, it is 2 hours in the bus up to the mountain and then three and a half hours downhill in a gravel, sand, stones and finally pavement.
2. You need to have some experience biking otherwise this can ending up in a very scary activity.
3. Your guide may offer you a bunch of short cuts along the road, if you decide to take them make sure to go as slow as possible or to fall off your bike many times…of course if you've won the French Tour you don't have to worry about my last advise.
It is fun and more fun, highly recommended for those who love outdoors and physical activities.
- TOUR lasts from 08.30 to 15.00 hrs.
- MUST BE BOOKING a least a day in advance, all Travel Agencies in downtown offer it and the price must be around PEN.140.00 (USD.50.00) includes; transportation, guide and full equipment.
- BRING rehydrating drinks and a few snacks, a jacket, sunglasses and sun's block in case it gets sunny around 11.00 hrs.